Decreasing injuries and increasing money return with Exerfly
Although flywheel training has been around for over a century, only recently has it become a hot new topic of discussion within sports performance and rehabilitation circles. The ability to utilize flywheel equipment combined with the expertise of sports practitioners has led to a decreased risk of injury in sports using Exerfly. We have seen this in MLB, Pro Football, NFL, Hockey and many other sports. The combination of isometrics and eccentric training has made for great adaptations in:
- Muscle fibre type,
- Improving tendon health,
- Increasing performance metrics such as overall speed, power, and strength.
- Decreasing time spent on injured
In this article, we delve into how sports teams can decrease injuries and increase money return by investing in Exerfly and utilizing flywheel training.
When a player gets injured, this is not only upsetting for the fans, as the club also has to pay a certain amount of money to that player who is no longer playing for a specific time frame. The absence of key players could cost thousands or even a championship title dep. In football alone, a professional club can expect 6.6 groin injuries per season, resulting in a total of 85 days lost per player. Through decades of scientific research on the benefits of flywheel training and working closely with elite NZ sports practitioners and coaches, Exerfly has created equipment designed to lower injury rates and increase performance metrics- the ultimate money return for sports teams.
Used by professional sports teams all over the globe, such as the NHL, NFL, Premier League, NRL, Country Cricket, MLB teams and Olympic organizations- Exerfly offers the ideal training solution for athletes returning to play, keeping up general maintenance work during the season, and/or targeted strength and conditioning work.
Exerfly’s unique motorized technology gives Exerfly athletes the upper edge in their sport, maximizing performance and optimizing results. Enabling athletes to overload eccentrically at up to 80% of the input concentric effort, means users can reach enormous force levels in the eccentric phase in a much safer way.
Eccentric overloading has enormous benefits in terms of sports performance for motor control, force absorption and building fast twitch fibres. This leads to better force production, explosiveness in speed and power athletes, and increases in strength, speed, and power- maximizing their athletic potential.
With an emphasis on injury prevention and management, your athletes can spend less time on the bench and more time in play. For athletes suffering from atrophy and the rapid loss of muscle strength, such as ACL reconstruction, it is crucial to build quadricep strength and muscle power to run, jump, or even walk. ACL tears, involving the anterior cruciate ligament, usually require months of recuperation and rehabilitation: with surgery, full recovery takes six to 12 months; without surgery, there is no specific timeline for rehabilitation and it is highly dependent on the patient.
With smooth, constant resistance between the concentric and eccentric phase, Exerfly is beneficial for rebuilding strength without aggravating previous injuries. For example, a crucial part of ACL rehabilitation focuses on knee control and landing form, which is best rebuilt through eccentric training. The Squat Harness can also be used to distribute load evenly throughout the body, allowing athletes to generate high force levels without heavy weights putting unnecessary strain on the body, therefore reducing strain and offering a safer alternative to heavy lifting with better results.
Flywheel training addresses strength and power, and can be used in most stages of rehab with mobility and stability exercises, neuromuscular training, plyometric exercises, running drills, etc. Exerfly can also be used for calf muscle strain rehabilitation, by performing squats, lunges, and calf raises (Platform only) in the second week after the onset.Flywheel training is scientifically proven to reduce risk of injury and aid in injury rehabilitation and joint pain, meaning that your athletes can avoid injuries or re-injuries far better than with traditional weights.
Training force absorption and real sports movements means athletes are less likely to injure themselves in play from unfamiliar stressors occurring on the field. In the same way, Exerfly aids in rehabilitation, getting injured athletes back into action quicker, safer, and more efficient.
- Creating a buffer between players' pay and clubs lost time due to injury. The healthier a player is during a season the more return on investment the club receives, players are happier and if playing well provide not only for the club itself but also the player's stock for future deals.
- Give Sport Coaches, Sports Performance and Sport Med and opportunity to positively affect the players and teams medical spending, happiness but also have greater insights into the specific adaptations needed in there specified sport to aid in player health.
- This technology provides data and insights into the forces players Train at to better prep for the game demands as well as Exerfly is a great tool for practice and game warm-ups to mimic the forces seen during play. This will better prepare all aspects of the team equaling more success.
- The Ultimate: Our latest release, the perfect balance between a heavy duty flywheel training device and a compact piece of equipment that can be stored with minimal space needed. It’s got all the bells and whistles, including our revolutionary motorized eccentric overload technology. This is the Ultimate.
- The Platform: The Exerfly Platform is a stable, multi-use flywheel training platform built for everything from heavy-duty workouts to rehabilitation. With a versatile design that allows users to perform a full range of exercises in a small space, the Exerfly Platform caters to a wide audience. Whether you’re an elite athlete, a sports team, an intermediate user wanting to build fitness, or a recovering athlete doing physio or rehabilitation, the Platform has something for everyone.
- The Portable: The Exerfly Portable is the ideal training solution for users on the go or training with limited space. Offering a full gym set-up, the Portable is lightweight, quick to assemble, and can be packed into a bag effortlessly for transport or storage. Now you can train your way - from home, from the park, the office, or all around the world.
- The RackFly: The lightest flywheel device yet, train with constant resistance throughout an entire range of movements and exercises with an unlimited load or eccentric overload, with just 4kgs. We’ve made what every fitness professional needs in their life, this is the RackFly.